12.3.09

Applications finally in!

It takes more time than I think it will to fill in the Burlesque Hall of Fame applications - it's the same thing every year. But now I've sent in the Kitten-application, and I'm very nearly done with my own. I so hope that I will be allowed to perform. It would be great to do "Perhaps..." there, now that I've done it at the NYBF and on TV.

I must say I'm a little proud over the way I handled my skirt malfunction the other day. Out of all the times I've performed the routine, I've never once had trouble with the skirt. It opens with a bow to the side, and buttons. This time the bow got tangled and tied itself into an impossible knot, the kind you can't get up without ten minutes of scrutiny and fiddling aout with the ribbons. I had to look down - I hate it when I have to look down - and I was like "I can't believe it. I'm on TV and my fucking skirt won't open!"

Luckily the ribbons had extended far enough that I could pull the skirt down, which was not at all meant to happen, but no one seems to have noticed. Except Contessa and Georgette, of course. They were in the audience, sweating...

Anywho, my new website is up and running too, check it out at http://www.duchessdubois.com.

XoXoX
D

No comments: